The Pile Driving Inspector Qualification course provides a basis for state qualification of personnel as inspectors of Pile Driving construction on FDOT projects. The goal of this course is to provide Inspectors with the practical knowledge, accepted standard Industry practices and SSRBC Specifications for fulfilling the role of a Pile Driving Inspector. This course is based upon existing FDOT Standard Specifications and procedures, and applicable construction industry procedures and standards.
- Explain the Inspector’s role, duties, and responsibilities.
- Describe the Pile Driving System components.
- Recognize key inspection elements of the Contract Documents.
- Identify proper Communication and Coordination with the Engineer and Contractor.
- Identify the key elements of a Pile Installation Plan.
- Recognize and identify Pile Driving system components and tools.
- Verify tip elevations, cutoff elevations, pile penetration, and length driven for vertical
and battered piles.
- Perform inspection of pile driving operations and verify compliance to construction
- Understand the pile acceptance procedures based on Driving Criteria and the
|Class Date Pile Driving